The AMA School of Medicine aims to produce competent medical practitioners who are educated on an innovative case-based curriculum that will develop students to become self-directed and lifelong learners – qualities that will prepare them for professional practice.
The School of Medicine is operational since 2008 when it was given permission by CHED to offer the Medical program.AMA School of Medicine is part of the AMA Education System. Dr.Amable R. Aguiluz V, is the founder of the Group. He has been an Ambassador of the Philippines to the Gulf Countries.
The program is a hybrid curriculum designed to synchronize the basic science concepts and to utilize case-based scenarios to integrate concepts related to the basic science disciplines.
The clinical disciplines are integrated vertically using a problem-based learning strategy to integrate concepts in the clinical disciplines. The AMA Medical Curriculum incorporates Information Technology-based capabilities to enhance learning and assessments, as this is strength that is offered by the mother company.
AMA School of Medicine has a specialized program for international students who wish to take the combined Bachelor’s degree and Medicine degree programs. The BS Psychology pre-med program is a one-year program where the K-12 subjects of Indian students, such as Biology, Physics and Chemistry, are automatically credited. Upon completion of the pre-med program, the students enter the Medicine program provided they pass the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) and comply with the requirements for eligibility from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- Clinically oriented and problem-based method of teaching and learning
- Non-traditional lecture and instructional modules
- Hands-on anatomy dissection
- Faculty established in their chosen fields of specialization and in the academe
- Affordable, flexible payment schemes
- Over 20,000 foreign students are enrolled in Philippines
- Affiliated with government hospitals and private health institutions
- Outstanding facilities and resources conducive to learning
For Indian students
- Education STANDARD is Excellent.
- USA / American pattern of Education is followed.
- English is the Official Language of the Philippines.
- Low fees – 75% lower than fees in Private Colleges in India.
- Easily accessible from India with daily flights to Philippines.
- Tropical Diseases similar to India – great for clinical training.
- Indian food available.
- Philippines has educated & sent 2nd largest number of foreign Doctors to USA.
- Highest MCI pass rate is from Philippines.